Photography <--> Art Photography <--> Photographic Art, What's the diff?
- Date: September 10th, 2015, 7 pm
- Place: The Lieutenant’s Pump
- Speaker: None
- Topic: Photography <–> Art Photography <–> Photographic Art, What’s the diff?
- About ten of us met and had a wide-ranging discussion. Jake brought some notes:
- Photography <–> Art Photography <–> Photographic Art, What’s the diff?
- Good Photography is mindful of composition and inventive use of equipment
- When does that become Art Photography?
- And when does That become Photographic Art?
- And, in the end, is it useful to make these distinctions?
- Photography, like other creative pursuits, has been inundated by the masses as tools and publishing platforms have gotten easier to use
What has this mass of creators meant for art? Photography? Quality in the creative media?
- Recording: FAP:O #28 (by Mike Vuckovic)
- Web Site: NA