What was I thinking?
- Date: November 12th, 2015, 7 pm
- Place: The Lieutenant’s Pump
- Speaker: Justin Wonnacott
- Topic: What was I thinking?
- Justin Wonnacott talked about managing pictures and editing his own work – from an aesthetic and creative growth perspective. Since he began to work seriously with photography he has explored quite a few photographic motifs without necessarily arriving at a definitive “look and feel” that characterizes how his photographs appear. He presented work from two different long term projects and explained how they came into existence as ideas and how he refined them as they grew. With the help of an interested audience, he dealt with very specific issues that are practical in nature to larger questions of how the photographs can be read, can be deployed or how they can be useful to himself and others. It may be helpful to know that Justin is a compulsive photographer, a book collector and that he loves to read about the history and future of photography. He brought images from “Necessary Pictures” which is a project based on his street photography and from “So . . . ” which is landscape based. Both of these projects are recent or ongoing and are long term in their development.
- Recording: FAP:O #30 (by Mike Vuckovic)
- Web Site: aregeebee