- Date: Wednesday, May 8th, 2013, 6:30 – 9pm
- Place: Pressed Urban Gourmet Sandwich Shop
- Speaker: Michael Tardioli
- History of SPAO and why analogue photography remains central to its vision.
- Recording: FAP:O #6 (by Mike Vuckovic)
- Transcript: Discussion (by Michele Wozny and Jake Morrison)
Michael gave us a short history of Michael Tardioli, photographer, as that led to the opening of SPAO.
He then talked about how SPAO continues with its wet darkroom and large format film camera curriculum because it
- offers large format at a reasonable price
- large format offers a different view of the world than 35mm
Discussion centered on
- SPAO students not getting a chance to learn digital printmaking
- the “vacuum” (Louis Helbig’s word) that exists in Ottawa around fine art photography .